In a Wednesday filing to the Central California District Court obtained by The Hill, lawyers for Manson, who was born Brian Warner, said that the actor’s allegations are “untrue” and part of “a coordinated attack.” His attorneys also cited California’s statute of limitations and said Manson’s accusers are “cynically and dishonestly seeking to monetize and exploit the #MeToo movement.”
“Without a shred of evidence to support their claims, Plaintiff and her co-conspirators are desperately trying to conflate the imagery and artistry of Warner’s ‘shock rock’ stage persona, ‘Marilyn Manson,’ with fabricated accounts of abuse,” the motion to dismiss said.
Bianco accused the “Beautiful People” rocker of rape in a federal lawsuit filed in April, alleging he used “drugs, force and threats of force to coerce sexual acts” from her on multiple occasions.
More than a dozen women have accused Manson of sexual misconduct and abusive behavior. “Thirteen” actor Evan Rachel Wood, Manson’s ex-fiancée, said earlier this year that the 52-year-old performer sexually and physically abused her for years.
Earlier this month, Manson turned himself in to law enforcement authorities in New Hampshire over an arrest warrant stemming from an alleged spitting incident at a 2019 concert.